Translate

Friday, December 17, 2010

Let It Go!





Let  It  Go
 

 I know you’re distant now
You’ve closed the door on love.
And built the walls around you
Too high to get above.
I see you beat yourself up
When you think your life’s a maze.
Stop before you get ahead
And know it’s just a phase.

The hardest part in life
Is finding what makes you whole.
It’s not what you do that defines you –
It’s what’s in your heart and soul!
So, let it go!
Let your chains fall to the floor.
Let me in!
Let your heart be an open door.
Set it free!
Let your mind rest here with me.
Lay your tired eyes down
So I can make you feel at ease.

I see you chasing ghosts
Making excuses not to stay
But in other areas of your life
You don’t move too far away.
Don’t ever think you’re second best
Because the worlds not at your feet.
You’re loved for who you are
Be willing to open your eyes to see!

The leap of faith it takes
Is discovering change is good.
Otherwise you battle what’s inside
Than doing what you should.
So, let it go!
Let your worries fall behind you.
Let me in!
Let me be the one to guide you through.
Set it free!
Let your spirit dance on the spot
Make every moment count
Because it’s the only life you got.


Angela J. Thomas 2010
 Dedicated to AN

No comments:

Post a Comment