Translate

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Heart Of Hope


The  Heart Of  Hope

Did I like you too much?
Did I hold on too tight?
Was it that you’re afraid
You’d get lost in my eyes?
Did it all come crashing down
When I showed you what you refused to see?
The kind of person you’re being
When I believed in who you wanted to be?

I walked away thinking
You’d follow me somehow.
I thought you’d catch me
When you came around.
That was only wishful thinking
Because I really thought you cared
About what we started together,
But all I see is you’re scared!

I hoped you’d tell me otherwise,
Show me that you’re real.
Forgive me for questioning
When I don’t know how you feel.
I hope you’d let your guard down
And put aside your pride,
To let me see your emotions
Not go out with the tide.

I’m not everyone else who’s wronged you –
You assured me the same!
So I let you into my world
That was closed off before you came.
I didn’t let others stop me
From starting anew with you
Even when I cautioned wisely,
I still to you were true!

Did you not like me too much?
Did you not want to hold on tight?
Were you afraid you couldn’t tell me
What you felt inside wasn’t right?
Did it all start to piece together
When you didn’t want to see what you had?
The kind of person who’d love you endlessly,
The kind of person you rather not have?

Angela J. Thomas 2010
Dedicated to Aaron Nawrocki

No comments:

Post a Comment